We are recruiting! Wanted: Web Developer
15th August 2019
About this Role
We have a great opportunity for a web developer to join our small, skilled team in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. We are a busy studio working with clients across the UK on a wide range of diverse projects.
The successful candidate would be working as part of the development team, creating responsive frontend templates and developing bespoke WordPress themes. There is also an ongoing support element, assisting our existing clients with improvements, updates and maintenance.
Alongside excellent technical abilities you should also be a strong communicator, be comfortable dealing with clients directly, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
We are looking for a full-time employee with 1+ years’ experience in a commercial environment.
Key Required Skills
- Good understanding of WordPress structure and theme development
- Good understanding of PHP
- The ability to interpret a written & verbal brief
- The ability to take a supplied design and turn that into a modern responsive website
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge of any of the following would be useful, but not essential:
- Other PHP based CMS or Frameworks (Laravel, Drupal etc)
- Modern web tools (Composer / Grunt / NPM etc)
- Mobile Development
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practice
- Knowledge of Linux hosting environments
This is a technical role, not a creative design role. We are looking for a candidate with a Computing degree or similar qualification, however an understanding of the key skills is more important.
Up to £25,000 dependent on skills and experience, start date negotiable.
How to Apply
Send us your CV, links to examples of previous web development work and short cover note to email@example.com
Direct applications only, no agencies please or offshore development companies at this time.
Tagged with: job vacancy