Job Vacancy – Junior Web Developer
16th January 2019
About this Role
We have a vacancy for a junior web developer within the Infinite Eye team in the centre of Glasgow. We are a busy studio working with clients across the UK on a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate would be working as part of our small development team, creating responsive frontend templates and developing bespoke WordPress themes. There is also an ongoing support element, assisting our existing clients with improvements, updates and maintenance.
Alongside excellent technical abilities you should also be a strong communicator, be comfortable dealing with clients directly, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
Ideally, we are looking for a full-time employee with 2+ years’ experience; however, we would consider requests for a part-time position from the right candidate or applications from candidates with less experience who can demonstrate the relevant skillset and the right attitude.
Key Required Skills
- Good understanding of WordPress structure and theme development
- Good understanding of PHP
- The ability to interpret a written & verbal brief
- The ability to take a supplied design and turn that into a modern responsive website
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge of any of the following would be useful, but not essential:
- Other PHP based CMS (Magento, Drupal etc)
- CSS pre-processors
- Modern web tools (Composer / Grunt / NPM etc)
- Mobile Development
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practice
- Knowledge of Linux hosting environments
This is a technical role rather than a creative design role. We are looking for a candidate with a Computing degree or similar qualification, however an understanding of the key skills is more important.
Dependant on experience, start date negotiable.
How to Apply
Send us your CV, links to examples of previous web development work and short cover note to email@example.com
Direct applications only, no agencies please or offshore development companies.