About this Role
We have a vacancy for a web developer within the Infinite Eye team in the centre of Glasgow. We are a busy studio working with clients across the UK on a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate would be working as part of our small development team, creating frontend templates from supplied designs and developing bespoke WordPress themes. There is also an ongoing support element, assisting our existing clients with improvements, updates and maintenance.
Alongside excellent technical abilities you should also be a strong communicator, be comfortable dealing with clients directly, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
Ideally we are looking for a full time employee with 2-3 years’ experience; however we would consider requests for a part-time position from the right candidate or candidates with less experience who can demonstrate the relevant skillset and the right attitude.
We would also be happy to hear from freelance WordPress developers who could work on a per-project basis.
Key Required Skills
- PHP and development on a LAMP stack
- The ability to take those templates into WordPress
- Custom WordPress development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to interpret a written & verbal creative brief
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility at all times
Knowledge of any of the following would be of benefit:
- Other PHP based CMS systems (Magento, Drupal etc)
- CSS pre-processors
- Modern web tools (Composer / Grunt / NPM etc)
- Version control
- Mobile Development
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practice
- Knowledge of Linux hosting environments
We are looking for a candidate with a Computing degree or similar qualification.
Dependent on experience
How to Apply
Send us your CV, links to examples of previous work and a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any other relevant supporting materials.
Direct applications only, no agencies please or offshore developers.