Undoubtedly the World’s most popular and widely used content management system, WordPress is used to manage one in three websites (if not more).
Infinite Eye are WordPress specialists based in Glasgow with years experience of delivering bespoke WordPress solutions of all levels of complexity. Whether you need a simple marketing website, or a more complex site with 3rd party integrations and quirky design features – we won’t be phased.
The incredible popularity of WordPress means there is a thriving global community of developers continually improving the core software and developing extensions and plugins to enhance the functionality. We have been using WordPress since its early years (as a blogging platform), and since 2010 it has been our CMS of choice for new projects.
Looking for support with an existing WordPress website? Or perhaps you are looking to redesign your company web presence? Get in touch and we will be happy to arrange a chat.
Who uses WordPress?
WordPress is used by businesses, organisations and non-profits of all shapes and sizes. A quick Google search yields plenty of up to date lists of ‘notable’ WordPress users (take a look) who use WordPress every day to manage their blog or their entire website.
While its not a perfect fit for every project (and if that’s your project we will happily tell you so), it’s is a versatile and reliable CMS that can be used to easily manage a wide variety of websites.
We have substantial experience of customising WordPress, so you can be assured that we can customise it to meet your needs, and after a proper handover you and your team will be able to take control of your website content.
Why we recommend WordPress
Some of the main reasons we use and recommend WordPress include:
- Easy to learn and use – when we handover a project and provide training, our customers are happy to manage their website on a day-to-day basis. When the project has been properly structured the backend ‘admin’ side of the website is clear, intuitive and easy to use.
- ‘Standard’ hosting requirements – wordpress runs nicely on a standard Linux / Apache / PHP / MySQL hosting environment, the most common hosting setup
- Thriving Community – the open source community around WordPress continually drives the platform forward, bringing continual innovation and improvements
- Extensibility – The WordPress plugin architecture allows anyone to develop ‘plugins’ that extend WordPress to suit their business needs, that means plenty of potential for growing your website or adding to its functionality over time.
- Great for SEO – with the correct setup, wordpress can be great for search engine optimisation
We can design and build a WordPress website for your business or organisation that is tailored to fit your style and functionality requirements.
How have we used WordPress?
We have used WordPress as the basis for all sorts of website project, these include:
- ‘standard’ content managed websites of all shapes and sizes, with the backend tailored for each customer to make managing content as easy as possible. These range from vertical one-page marketing websites to sites with over 1000 content pages
- e-commerce websites particularly where we need full control over the layout of supporting pages and customised product pages
- websites with user logins and user-only content
- property listing websites
- recruitment portals
- websites with custom form processes, including multi-step forms
- websites with custom calculators or configurators
- websites where the content has to be pulled in from external platforms or data sources
The look and feel of these projects is always different, the common thread however is WordPress running behind the scenes allowing people to keep their own content up-to-date at any time.