Vacancy: WordPress Developer
2nd February 2021
About this Role
We’re looking to add an additional developer to our small but skilled team. We are a busy Glasgow based studio working with clients across the UK on a wide range of diverse projects. This is a remote role at present and we would be open to applicants from anywhere in the UK. Post COVID there may be a need to work part of the time from our office in Glasgow, so candidates from Central Scotland may be most suited to the role.
The successful candidate would be working as part of the development team, creating responsive frontend templates and developing bespoke WordPress themes. There is also an ongoing support element, assisting our existing clients with improvements, updates and maintenance.
Alongside excellent technical abilities you should also be a strong communicator, be comfortable dealing with clients directly, happy presenting solutions and have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
We are looking for a full-time employee, ideally with 1+ years’ experience in a commercial environment. This role is suited to someone with a bit of experience that is looking to learn and progress as part of our team.
Key Required Skills
- Good understanding of WordPress structure and theme development
- Good understanding of PHP
- The ability to interpret a written & verbal brief
- The ability to take a supplied design and turn that into a modern responsive website
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge of any of the following would be useful, but not essential:
- Other PHP based CMS (Magento, Drupal etc)
- CSS pre-processors
- Modern web tools (Composer / Grunt / NPM etc)
- Mobile Development
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practice
- Knowledge of Linux hosting environments
This is a technical role rather than a creative design role.
We are looking for a candidate with a computing degree or similar qualification, however an understanding of the key skills is more important.
- Negotiable, dependant on skills and experience
- Start date negotiable.
How to Apply
- Send us your CV with a short cover note telling us why you are a good fit for this role, along with links to examples of previous web development work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Type: Full-time
Direct applications only, no agencies please or offshore development companies at this time.
Tagged with: job vacancy