WooCommerce merges simple and functional e-commerce with the ease of use of WordPress. A great combination.
Over the past few years, WooCommerce has seen some incredible growth in popularity, to become the most widely used of all e-commerce software. According to recent reports WooCommerce is used on 27% of all websites with e-commerce functionality (take a look).
Whether you have an existing WordPress website you want to add ecommerce to, or the need to build a brand new ecommerce website, WooCommerce could meet your requirements. At Infinite Eye we have many years experience with bespoke WooCommerce design and development.
If you're thinking about e-commerce and not sure if WooCommerce is the right fit, send across your requirements and we can advise on what is possible.
Why we recommend WooCommerce
Woo commerce allows us to build upon our existing expert knowledge of WordPress to design, build and deploy successful e-commerce projects.
From our point of view, some advantages include:
- ease of use – the WordPress admin area is straightforward and easy to learn and use. Our WooCommerce customers are comfortable managing their own e-commerce shop: adding products, managing categories, processing orders – its all straightforward after some training
- great integrations – want to take card payment using Paypal or Stripe? Worldpay or Sagepay? Woo has it covered with off the shelf integrations with a wide variety of payment providers, accounting software, stock management systems, delivery automation platforms etc
- flexibility – the standard category/product model works very well, but if you need to sell something a bit different, or a product with unusual options we can find the right solution, or create something just for you
- subscriptions – woo commerce offers a subscription solution that can be used to sell anything on a recurring basis, a great way to grow your monthly revenue.
How we’ve used WooCommerce
Our own experience with WooCommerce is wide and varied. We have built and support:
- a variety of ‘standard’ b2c online shops
- b2b ecommerce with customer login, group pricing, payment on account and other business features
- websites with a shop ‘bolted on’ as a later phase
- multiple subscription based e-commerce sites, some with complex custom configurations
- websites with events systems, with ticket sales via WooCommerce
- recurring memberships
In some cases we have taken over existing WooCommerce websites, providing stable hosting, bug fixes and troubleshooting and a reliable ongoing support and maintenance service.